Who We Are
Clarksville, Tennessee was incorporated in 1784. Dr. Gideon Blackburn, an itinerant Presbyterian minister, preached outdoors in a place south of Clarksville called Tompkins Grove. He organized First Presbyterian Church on May 25, 1822.
First Presbyterian Church is a historic church at 213 Main Street in Clarksville, Tennessee. We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA), known for our involvement and service to the community, and the beauty of our music and worship.
Today we have over 500 members worshiping God. We are part of the Presbyterian Church USA (PCUSA).